The Charter promotes good rule observance and encourages good sportsmanship and good communication between competitors and organisers.
The RYA Racing Charter is included within the RYA Racing Rules of Sailing 2013-2016. It is a set of guidelines designed to help make racing more fun, fair and welcoming for competitors and organisers at all levels. At a time when our sport is seeing falling levels of participation at some clubs and class association activity, whilst others thrive, the RYA hopes this initiative will provide impetus for renewed vigour and enthusiasm.
· To provide the framework for everyone to enjoy the sport of sailboat racing in whatever capacity and to whatever level the individual desires.
· To ensure that the sport of sailboat racing welcomes all people and treats them equally.
· To ensure that those who experience sailboat racing are encouraged to continue.
· The Charter covers:
1. Principles and Practices
2. What competitors should expect.
3. What is expected of competitors.
4. Resolution of Racing Disputes.
5. Unacceptable Behaviour.
For the full RYA Racing Charter, please follow the link